Shit That I am Trying to Juggle (and Mostly Failing At, Miserably):
- Keeping up with basic housekeeping (slightly bettwe this week, but I also wasn’t working, so…)
- Keeping up with home repairs and touch-ups (downstairs toilet hasn’t worked right for, um, weeks/paint desperately needs touch-ups/it’s probably bad that our tree has grown through our telephone wires, right?)
- Writing anything other than blog entries – and let’s be honest here, not even that, really
- Learning French on Duolingo
- Working on sketches for the new jewelry I want to make
- Working on sketches for new art
- Compiling my old poetry onto Wattpad
- Paying my loans (finally did that tonight, two weeks late)
- Folding laundry (three weeks and counting!)
- Re-up my Fiverr and list my gigs again
I feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day. I know that’s a cliche, but yesterday, driving home from the thrift store (fill a bag with clothes for $10, sweet!), my husband and I looked at the clock and had a moment of panic. We legitimately had to check the car clock against both of our phones, because how could it seriously be 2 pm already, we just got up, and we got up at 8 am, what the hell.
I know it’s something wrong with me, don’t get me wrong; I don’t have so much going on in my life that it should be a burden, but I just cannot seem to get my head around it all and get it done.
Tomorrow is my first day back to work after ten days off. It was a welcome ten days, and I did get to spend a lot of time with family (including my niece and nephew and my in-laws), lean the house, read a book, try out a few really good new restaurants, and take my son to the museum (he loved it, and now he’s obsessed with masks), but I’m also incredibly bummed that, while I had a few shining moments of productivity, I didn’t manage to strike a balance – I didn’t find that sweet spot where I was doing a little of something everyday. I always feel like I’m either falling behind on something (which is stressful) or having a super productive day where I do a heap of catching up all at once and feel momentary relief before exhaustion hits… and then the refractory period keeps me from keeping up with the project, and the whole damn cycle resets.
I mean, it’s not all bad. The house is in a manageable state for me to do a quick once over after work, my breakfast and lunch are packed, and my outfits are laid out for the week. I have managed to figure out a few strategies to alleviate stress and time management in some areas, but damn it, I’m still working on a whole lot of others.
How do you – especially the non-neurotypical “you’s” out there – manage time and stress?